Time for a Big Push!
By Talmar Anderson
How is business? Are you looking at your goals? If you are like most business owners, end of the year is when you start to consider how you will finish your fiscal year. While you can start planning for the new year, don’t be so quick to call this year done! Have you broken down each specific goal item to see where you can create a push? Not just the big money goal. Let’s look at your history. Here are three areas you can look at to find some cash flow and prospect opportunities to smash your goals!
- Is one service or product more popular with your market at this time of year?
- If you have been in business for a few years you can look back to understand what specific product or service is in demand this time of year. Spend focused energy there with the prospects that need/want your offering. Consider a new marketing outreach to educate others of the reason for the current demand and how they could benefit too.
- Is one service / product trending up in your business right now?
- Let’s look at the last 3-6 months and consider blowing up that trend even more! Look to see what piece initiated that upward tick. Was it one specific product / service benefit that you newly highlighted? Was it new pricing? Maybe a new referral source? You could create a promotion to ramp that trend even higher. Maybe some educational marketing on the benefits of buying your service or product?
- Have a piece of your offerings that needs a shot in the arm?
- If you are missing your goals in one specific area, now is the time to refocus resources. Can you pull a small bite out of the product /service and offer it at a special price for a limited time? It could be a “try this” offering that can easily lead into the full engagement. Setting limits on time is especially critical if this is structured as a loss leader to a larger sale. SPECIAL NOTE: Develop a strong and consistent follow up process for the upsell into the full product.
This is where all that work you have been doing all year can quickly pay off. All the tracking, measuring and data recording you have built into your company. This structure allows for agile actions and specific decisions that can save your company from “throwing money after bad”.
Last thought. If you are going to put these specific pushes for more business in place, don’t forget to plan for success! Make sure you consider how you will fulfill each new order and track what “Sold out” could be very specifically. This will protect your reputation, quality of deliverables and sanity!…It is NOT too late to effect change. This is a great moment to look at your goals and metrics to take action. Now GO! Grow!
Are you on the Talmar It Up mailing list yet? Join now to be sure to directly receive insights, clarity and business operation answers. Or reach out to chat with Talmar for structure and process to grow your business HERE